Our Minnesota Catering Sales Managers
Kaitlin Keller - Science Museum of Minnesota
As a Minnesota native, I grew up watching my dad work in the hospitality field. I didn’t realize it would become my passion as well. My draw toward hospitality occurred my final year in college while I was interning for a wedding service company in the Twin Cities.
I realized that organizing, planning and detailing is in my blood, and I wanted to spend my life planning and selling events. I love the detailing that goes into events and working through the planning process to see the end result. When not at work or at home you will most likely find me at the gym.
• Favorite childhood food memory: Popsicles
• I started cooking when: I first experienced the Easy Bake Oven
• Buzzword: Hotdish
• I’m inspired by: Kindness
• Every event needs: “Great Music”
Lyndsey Lyon - Keller Golf Course
I was born and raised in Minnesota by my amazing parents. I love Minnesota culture with its diversity of people, traditions and culinary experiences. I recently celebrated my one year wedding anniversary with my wonderful and amazing husband Mark and look forward to many, many more! When I'm not working, my best time is spent with Mark and our loving and cuddly American bulldog KC.
My tenure with Lancer started when I was fresh out of high school and was offered a position as a banquet server. Little did I know then that I had stumbled upon a path that would lead to my passion and career. I worked as a server, an operations manager and a banquet manager for Lancer before discovering how much I love event planning and sales. Helping clients plan an event from the infancy stages through to the finished product is an amazing process. I absolutely love creating customized events that truly showcase the personalities of the people or organizations hosting them. No two events are alike, nor should they be!
• Why I'm a foodie: I love food! But seriously I love presentations and executions and creativity that food allows
• I'm prone to spontaneous: Dance Parties
• The best event I ever attended: A steam punk themed Gala. With everything from fire twirlers to a metal band that played on actual pieces of metal with chain saws
• Every event needs: “A personal touch"
Cheron Rubenstien - Edinburgh USA
I'm originally from Los Angeles, California where I gained a huge variety of experience in the hospitality industry including fine dining, event planning, and a full complement of service standards and culinary trends. I've been with Lancer since 1998. I've worked with thousands of clients over the years and I pride myself on a keen (some might say obsessive) eye for detail. I think most clients want an event planner who has a touch of obsession for detail and getting things right. I really enjoy collaborating with clients and then communicating their vision to our culinary and operations staff to help ensure every event is flawlessly executed. My passion for food, wine and entertaining, is not left at the office door as my friends and family will attest. Sunday night dinner is a weekly occurrence at the Rubenstein home, and I always say “the more the merrier!”
• What I want to eat/drink right now: Kettle One Martini up, cold, dry, dirty with jalapeno stuffed olives
• Why I'm a foodie: Because food always brings together family & friends. I started cooking when I was 10 years old. I was cooking for myself and siblings -- fried baloney and cheese...luckily I have evolved
• What I want to be when I grow up: The big lottery winner
• Every event needs: “Consideration and dedication”
Jessica Levens - Como Park Zoo & Conservatory
I was born and raised in Minnesota and I graduated college from the University of Wisconsin-Stout with a degree in Hotel, Restaurant and Tourism Management with a concentration in Event Planning. I fell in love with event planning during college when I had an internship at a country club, serving and working events. Since graduation I have worked in a variety of positions such as an administrative assistant at a catering company and an event coordinator with a local venue in St. Paul. One interesting fact about me is that I love giraffes which makes the Como Zoo such an amazing place to work.
• Favorite things to do: I love to travel and try new restaurants
• What I want to drink/eat right now: Gin and Tonic with lime
• One food I couldn’t give up: Fettuccine Alfredo
• Favorite place I have traveled to: France, I studied wine and food pairing there one summer.
Our Arizona Catering Sales Manager
Heather Dobler - Phoenix Zoo
I have been involved in different aspects of event planning and the hospitality industry for more than 15 years. My interest in food and its effect on the human body led me to earn a Bachelor of Science degree in Human Nutrition and Dietetics from Arizona State University. Since graduation I’ve worked in a variety of positions including having the great fortune to travel across the United States and Europe representing several large companies as a Brand Ambassador. For the past several years I’ve been immersed in the catering business and I absolutely love it. I enjoy planning and executing all kinds of special events from weddings and corporate events to launch parties, trade shows, awards ceremonies, celebrations and galas.
• One food you couldn’t give up: Cheese!
• Favorite things to do: Work out, watch random shows on Netflix, nap, go to heavy metal concerts and eat cheese.
• If I could be a Super Hero I’d be: Wonder Woman, because her accessories have super powers…and I’m all about accessorizing!
• What I want to drink/eat right now: A glass of wine and a block (yes…I said a block) of cheese. J
• I'm prone to spontaneous: Head Banging
• You will never find me without: A cup of water and lots of ice in it. I’ve live in Arizona for more than 30 years. It’s hot here, but I can’t imagine living anywhere else!
Our Oklahoma Catering Sales Manager
Catina Johnson - Oklahoma City Zoo & Science Museum Oklahoma
As a Catering Sales Manager, I work closely with clients to ensure their events are successful by creating a new world, transforming a space, and translating desires into reality.
I’ve been heavily involved in the hospitality industry for years. The first time I planned and executed my first event on my own, I realized how fulfilling it is to build relationships clients and vendors. What an amazing journey it has been for me, learning how to bring a vision to life.
When I’m not working, I’m with my husband and our children, volunteering at the school, cooking, and running errands. Movie time at home with the family is a must.
• Favorite things to do: Dance classes, board games
• Every event needs: Patience
• I’m inspired by: People who are driven
• I relax by: Taking a drive around the city, listening to music.